Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Angelo's Story

I am hoping to start a blog for mommies who lost their little angels. I have scoured the internet and just can not find anything that satisfies me as a mother who has lost a child.



This is my story, and Angelo Michael is my angel:

I had a great pregnancy, with a planned C-section. We picked out our theme, our theme was Simba! Juicy Cantaloupe was the color for his walls.  His father spent hours in the august heat painting his room, with no air conditioning. He was up there so long, when I went upstairs to check on him, he was painting in the nude! Needless to say I thought I would give birth right there on the floor, I was laughing so hard. The next day, he put the Simba decals on the wall. Mommy was not aloud to partake in this event, it was a Daddy thing. We got a tall metal shelf and painted it a pistachio green to match our theme, but we didn't want it to blend in with the walls. Enough ranting about Daddy's beautiful work, here are some pictures.





                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We went to the hospital 6:00AM on October 10th 2013. My C-section was scheduled for 7:30AM. Angelo was born at 8:22AM he was 7lbs 13ounces and was 20.5 inches long. We even got to go home one day early since mommy and baby were in tip top shape. We went to his check up the day after we left the hospital. Angelo never got to sleep in his crib, he slept next to mommy in his bouncer. 

On October 25th, we drove an hour and a half (our first big outing) to drop Angelo's big brother J.J off at his fathers house. We stopped by to see Mommy and Daddy's family, it was a long day and we couldn't wait to get home and settle down. Grandma begged us to stay overnight, with it being so late she was worried about our long drive. We insisted all would be fine, we just wanted to be in our own home. It was a cold night and the heat in our car wasn't working, so we stopped off at Wal-Mart to grab a few things, and warm up inside. Before leaving I fed Angelo, and then bundled him up in his car seat. 

We were finally home and Angelo was ready for another feeding. We turned on Netflix and spent some time watching shows and cuddling on the couch. Mommy and Daddy were ready for bed after a few shows, it was 3AM after all. We went upstairs with everything needed for the night, which is quite a bit for an infant. We were so tired after being used to going to bed between 9 and 10 every night, 3AM was like being up for ages. We got all settled in bed and Angelo started crying. Mommy picked him up and nursed him, he fell asleep 20 minutes into the feeding and Mommy laid him back down. 

A few hours later Angelo was up again and Mommy was feeding him. I was so tired, I had trouble staying awake. I woke up a few minutes after falling asleep, and wiped Angelo's mouth. Once doing this I realized he was not breathing. I started screaming incoherently towards Daddy, and he was up dialing 911. This is the morning our life shattered in to little pieces, and our nightmare began. All I could do was say "I am so sorry that I fell asleep, it was all my fault". 

ANGELO MICHAEL
                                                               10/10/13 ~ 10/26/13



No comments:

Post a Comment